The aim of this course is to provide delegates with the knowledge and skills required to perform first, second and third-party audits of occupational health and safety management systems against ISO 45001, in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021.
Course Duration – Five (5) Days
Who should attend?
- Anyone with the need to audit an organization’s OH&S management system
- Those responsible for obtaining certification to ISO 45001.
- Those who wish to register as an IRCA OHSMS auditor (additional requirements also apply).
- Senior managers involved in the outcome of OH&S audits.
- HSEQ Professionals
- Fresh Graduate wishing to start a career as safety officer/ auditors
- Safety Professionals to gain worth in terms of certification and auditing skills
- Internal Auditors who wish to become external auditors for OH&S MS
- Directors and members of Top Management
By the end of this ISO 45001 Lead Auditor training course, delegates will be able to demonstrate achievement of the course learning objectives, which are to:
- To explain the purpose of an occupational health and safety management system, of occupational health and safety management system standards, of management system audit, of third-party certification, and the business benefits of improved performance of the occupational health and safety management system.
- To explain the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow up an occupational health and safety management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021, as appropriate.
- To plan, conduct, report and follow-up an audit of an occupational health and safety management system to establish conformity (or otherwise) with ISO 45001.
The 5 day course has been designed to meet the CQI and IRCA requirement for certification of Lead Auditor based on OHSAS 18001:2007 OH&S MS.
The course covers:-
1- Introduction to Auditing and important Audit terminologies
2- Requirements for planning the audits
3- Stage 1 (Desktop) Auditing
4- Planning for onsite Auditing
5- Desktop onsite Auditing
6- Onsite Audit Process including opening Meetings, Objective evidence collection, Communication during the audit
7- Audit Findings and grading the non conformities
8- Audit conclusion including audit report preparation
9- Closing meeting and outcome of the audit
10- Corrective action plan and audit follow up
Why you should choose us
The course has been designed to impart skill and knowledge for auditing Occupational Health & Safety Management system based on ISO 45001:2018. The highly interactive 5 days course comprises exercises, quizzes, mock audits and role plays which constitute more than 75% of the course work.
Prior Learning Knowledge
- a) Knowledge of the following occupational health & safety management principles and concepts:
The Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle
The purpose and benefits of a an occupational health and safety (OH&S) management system
A basic knowledge of managing occupational health and safety (OH&S) through hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control and compliance with legal and other requirements
A basic awareness of common examples of relevant national and local OH&S legislation and requirements.
Commonly used OH&S terms and definitions as given in ISO 45001:2018
Assessment: A two hours Examination will be written on at the end of the training. Successful candidates will be certified IRCA as IRCA Lead Auditors.