The purpose of this course is to provide you with the knowledge and skills required to conduct an internal food safety audit against any GFSI-approved food safety standard.
This course covers the following topics:
- Introduction to Food Safety
- Introduction to Food Safety Audits
- Planning and Preparing for an Audit
- Performing an Audit
- Concluding the Audit
- Auditing Best Practices
- Course Summary
On successful completion of this course, participants will obtain the knowledge on how to:
- Describe how internal food safety audits contribute to the maintenance and improvement of Food Safety Management Systems
- Identify the key elements of audit schedules and audit plans
- Develop an audit checklist
- Conduct an internal food safety audit and gather objective evidence
- Classify non-conformities as Major, Minor, Critical or as an Opportunity for improvement
- Develop an Audit Report
- Identify the best practices for ensuring your internal audits are a success
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for food industry personnel intending to become involved in the internal audit process for the maintenance and improvement of their food safety program.
This course is not suitable for school leavers without any experience in the Food Industry and is ideal for management and personnel who have had at least four years experience in the food industry.
- By completing this internal food safety auditor course you will gain the knowledge and skills to competently complete internal food safety audits.
- On successful completion of the course you will be awarded Nationally recognised units of competency which will allow you to be registered with Exemplar Global as an internal auditor.
- As an organisation, competent internal food safety auditors will assist in monitoring and verifying the effectiveness of your food safety program and also in meeting certification requirements to any ISO, GFSI or specific customer Food Safety Management System.