This course will first introduce you to food safety and food hygiene. You will study the groups that are vulnerable to foodborne diseases as well as learn the signs and symptoms of these diseases. The course will then discuss the key facts and figures of food law that can help you work safely and productively. You will learn how food contamination and spoilage occurs, ways to prevent food contamination, and the responsibilities of food handlers.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Discuss the main food-borne illnesses and how they may affect us.
- Explain the most common source of food-borne illnesses.
- List some allergic reaction symptoms.
- Describe some of the responsibilities food handlers must implement.
- Define what HACCP stands for. • List the 7 principles of HACCP.
- Describe different types of hazards that can affect food safety.
- Explain ways to control bacterial growth.
Book with us for a customized course to suit your business location and size.