This course demonstrate contamination hazards and control methods used in a food business. It also outline the principles of food safety and provides learners with the knowledge, understanding and skills required to operate safely within food handling environments.
It is specifically for those employed or wishing to be employed in the catering and hospitality sector.
You will learn how to:
- Identify the causes of cross-contamination.
- Recognise those high-risk foods that are often responsible for food-borne illnesses.
- Learn about the diseases and illnesses that can result from food poisoning.
- Practice safe food skills including personal hygiene in your workplace.
- Manage and identify hazards and poor food safety.
- Understand correct cleaning procedures to minimise these risks.
- Find out more about why food safety is so important to our communities.
- Introduction to Food Control Plans